Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nankhatai / Ghee Biscuit / Indian cookies



  Nei Biscuit as we call in our place was my favorite. I usually buy it from bakery. But after started baking I bake my own cookies.



 








This biscuit is also called as shewsberry biscuit in some areas. In north India it is called as nankhatai.
It was my favorite biscuit from my childhood. Made this biscuit for the first time . I didn’t shape it correctly, will make perfect next time.

 I used canola oil instead of ghee , so it can’t be called as neibiscuit. 
















I used pinapple essence , usually vanilla essence is used , as I like the pineapple flavor , I added it.



Requirements :
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
Ghee / Canola oil – ¼ cup
Castor sugar – ½ cup
Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Chopped pistachios 


Method :
Sift maida and baking powder twice.
Add the flour in the bowl and add the sugar and mix well.
Add in the oil and essence and mix well.
Knead into soft smooth dough.
Rest the dough for 15 minutes.

Shape into small balls and press slightly and arrange in the baking tray with 1 cm apart.
Bake  the cookies in a preheated oven @ 220*C for 15 – 20 minutes.









Let it cool land store in airtight container.




Nankhatai is ready to serve.




5 comments:

  1. Love these biscuits...you know sharanya i made these while going to india(last vacation) and my mom went crazy for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious nankhattais,feel like munching some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look very good....will sure try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yummy!!! super delicious and very tempting.. Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...

    Sowmya
    Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
    Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
    Event - WTML w giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, Relevant Content..
    http://www.anmolbiscuits.com/

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.