Friday, April 12, 2013

Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake

 

  Cake was everyone's favorite . I made this egg less version of vanilla sponge cake. We call it as plain cake , as it is without any other extra flavor other than vanilla essence. 
   Cake is often the dessert of choice for meals at the ceremonial occasions , particularly weddings and birthdays. There are countless cake recipes ; some are rich and elaborate. Cake making is no longer a complicated procedure as in olden days , Baking equipment and directions have been simplified so that even amateur cook like me can bake cakes easily.  

  This cake was my favorite. Everyone in my family likes this cake a lot. My Mom makes this cake without oven during my childhood , she makes with egg.
  I made this cake when my cousin came to our home; she helped me in mixing the batter. She liked the cake too. When I asked what she want me to bake for her, she said immediately Plain cake.

 Requirements:
All purpose flour – 3 cup
Sugar ( Powdered ) – 1 ½ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tbs
Fresh Curd – 1- 1 ½  cup
Butter – 2 tbs
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 drops

Method :
Sieve the flour and baking powder together for twice.
Whisk butter and sugar together till frothy.
Add in the curd , lemon juice  and vanilla essence , mix well .
Now , add the flour in three batches and fold in gently.
For me , from the above measurement the consistency of batter came perfect.
If you find the batter is thick , can mix in the required milk to get the correct consistency.
Preheat the oven to 220 degree Celsius @ convection mode.
Pour this batter to a greased tray.
Bake for 20 minutes or till brown on top.



Check the cake is cooked by inserting a fork and it must come out clean.
Let it cool in the wire rack.

Plain cake is ready to serve.



Desired flavored frosting can be made on top.





31 comments:

  1. Sponge cake looks super yummy! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake looks so soft and amazingly delicious.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never made eggless cake but its becoming popular these days, especially among the vegetarians. I would love to try out one of these days. The slices looks perfect and spongy to goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy spongy perfect looking cake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake looks lovely.Just a small doubt,is 2 tblsp butter the only fat used in this recipe and there is no baking soda used only baking powder right.I would love to try this cake so kindly clarify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butter is enough , as i used curd the fat is also in that too. Regarding baking soda , in the beginning of my baking i usually use both baking powder and soda , nowadays , i was using baking powder alone , I didn't find any difference , texture of the cake is same. If you want to use both means , can use both. Hope i cleared your doubt.......... If any ask me.........

      Delete
    2. Wo
      w nice cake

      Delete
  6. Stunning and super tempting cake, looks simply beautiful and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very soft and fluffy sponge cake, so perfect and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  8. soft and spongy cake..
    Thanks for linking with my event “Foodabulous Fest –April Month Series”

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super delicious cake, I wish I could have it right now. I recently tried Vanilla-Pineapple egg less cake. seems like if I add vanilla essence instead of Vanilla-Pineapple I will able to cook vanilla sponge cake. http://indian-cooking-recepies.blogspot.in/2013/03/eggless-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. It look so moist and soft....that too with just 2 tbsp butter!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dr..ur cake looks yummm...jus a doubt which I hv is wont the temperature be too high in a convection mode....as v generally bake at 170-180° c ...pls help

    ReplyDelete
  12. hanisha , i think it varies with oven to oven. I n our samsung i find it 220 drgree c was correct for baking. Earlier , i baked at 180 dgree but it takes long time to bake. you can bake at the temperature what you finds as correct in your oven. Hope this helps you..............

    ReplyDelete
  13. please confirm the quantity of curd, is it 1 and half cup or two and half cup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had mentioned as one to one and half cup , as the curd we use contains varying water content . I mentioned to first add one cup , if the pouring consistency is not achieved we can add another half cup. hope this helps you...... feel free to ask if you have doubts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tried this recipie...and the cake turned out to be yummylicious!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you abhilasha ...... can you send the picture of the cake to the mail id mentioned in the contact section , I will post your cake picture on the blog's FB page.......

      Delete
  16. Hi Sharanya, Whats the size of the pan you used. if square what size to be used. The pic shows as its a very fluffy and moist cake. I am going to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try this cake. I used round pan of 21 cm breath and 6 cm height. You can use any size pan you have , but make sure to fill the pan tiill half...........Send the picture of your cake to sarastastybuds@gmail.com.....

      Delete
  17. Hi Sharanya, what do you mean by fresh curd? I want to try making this cake with my little boy.
    Krupa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fresh curd was curd which has not gone sour , hope this helps and I think you will enjoy the making process........

      Delete
  18. I just have one doubt, are we using maida or attack? I tried it but the sponge was not good rather it was little gluey from inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maida can be used , Yours must be undercooked so it was gluey . You must check the cake whether it was cooked before taking out of oven.......

      Delete
  19. What a blog post, your writing skills are so good. You wrote every point very clear and neat. I really appreciate this blog post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.