For this month’s bread bakers the theme given was overnight breakfast bread. When I was using dry yeast for baking bread, I always make the dough the previous day and let it for overnight rise and then bake the next day.
After started using instant yeast, I was not proofing overnight. But for this month’s theme I did so.
As the Christmas mood has set in everywhere , I thought of baking a bread related to Christmas. Though we won’t celebrate Christmas , we enjoyed this bread.
The main ingredients needed for this sticky bun are brown sugar and melted butter. I added glazed fruit pieces ( Tutti – Frooti ) to this bun. I thought of adding glazed cherry , as it was raining heavily I couldn’t go out. So I used what was in our pantry.
3 cup all purpose flour
2 ½ tsp Instant dry yeast
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs melted butter ( Ghee )
2 tbs dry milk
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cup luke warm water
Brown sugar Coating
¼ cup melted butter
½ cup brown sugar
In a large bowl , combine the flour , sugar , dry milk powder and yeast well.
Make a well in the center and add the warm water and salt. With laddle combine all the contents together.
Add in the butter and mix well.
Knead the dough for 10 minutes or till the dough passes the window pan test.
Transfer the dough to the oiled bowl , cover with a kitchen towel and let it raise for 1 – 2 hour.
Lightly grease the 18 cm ring pan or bundt pan.
Dip each dough ball in the melted butter and roll in the brown sugar.
Place the prepared dough balls on the greased pan.
Arrange all the dough balls in layer and pour the remaining butter and brown sugar on top.
Let it raise for 45 minutes and bake .
I refrigerated the raised sticky buns by covering with cling wrap overnight.
Take the pan out off the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking in the Christmas morning.
Let it cool and serve.
Christmas morning sticky buns are ready to be served as breakfast on the Christmas eve.
- Braided Holiday Stollen from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bran Muffins from Cali's Cuisine
- Christmas Morning Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Christmas Morning Sticky Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- English Muffins from Ruchik Ranhap
- Fruity Butter Bread from Magnolia Days
- Gingerbread Breakfast Loaf from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herbert’s Traditional Overnight Bread Loaf from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Old Fashioned Doughnuts from Cooking Club
- Onion Bagels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Overnight Apple Fritters Monkey Bread from I Camp in My Kitchen
- Overnight Belgian-Style Yeast Waffles from A Baker’s House
- Overnight Brioche Cinnamon Rolls from Hostess at Heart
- Overnight Pecan Sticky Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Stollen Muffins from Baking in Pyjamas
Sending to here.