This month’s theme for bread bakers is to use ancient grains in making the bread. As in my place I can’t find any flour of the ancient grain. So I decided to grind the ancient grain flour on my own.
Millets were the common food known to our ancestors and the food what we are taking nowadays were unknown to them . Because of their food habits they lived healthy as well as their life span was more compared to the present without any medicines.
I had heard from my grandparents that they used to have these millets as their main meal and rarely used rice .
As use of millet has became popular now , we try to include once in a week.
For the bread I thought of using Little millet flour as the flour is not available in my place , I grounded the flour on my own.
My mom roasted the little millet for five minutes in medium flame and grounded the flour. The flour was not so fine , it was coarse that gives a unique texture to the bread.
Little millet flour – 2 cup
Banana – 2 large
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – 4 tbs
Yogurt - ¼ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Peel the skin and mash the banana well.
In a bowl whisk together the butter and sugar till it is fluffy.
Add in the yogurt and mashed banana and combine well .
To this mix in the baking soda and vanilla essence, mix well.
Add the millet flour in parts and combine well.
Grease the loaf tin and pour the batter till half of the tin.
Bake the bread in a preheated oven @ 180*C for 25 – 30 minutes.
Let the bread cool and demould , slice and serve.
The bread was so delicious and crunchy with the unique flavor.
Little millet banana bread is ready to be served.
- Ancient 4 Grain Breakfast Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Ancient Grain Carrot Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Barley Flour Donut Muffins from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Blueberry Peach Quinoa Oatmeal Muffins from Magnolia Days
- Buckwheat Savoury Pancakes from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Dimbleby's Breastfeeding Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Eggless Sorghum and Pearl Millet Banana Muffins (Eggless Jowar and Bajra Banana Muffins) from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Foxtail Millet Bagels from Cooking Club
- Garlic Cheesy Einkorn Crackers from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Injera Bread from Spiceroots
- Little Millet Banana Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Millet Idli from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Quinoa Banana Bread from Wholistic Woman
- Seeded Spelt Boules from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spelt and Buckwheat Soda Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Spelt and Einkorn Sourdough with Caramelized Onions from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spelt Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Spelt Sweet Potato Paratha from Cook's Hideout
- Teff Crepes with Spinach and Mushrooms from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Yeasted Jowar Naan from Sneha's Recipe
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.