Saturday, September 9, 2017

Love time with Grandparents.......

Happy Grandparents Day ......

 Grandparents are our favourite companions from our childhood. Be it to save us from our parent's beating or to buy us candy's without knowledge of our parents. ...

 Everyone must have lot of memories to cherish the time we spend with our grandparents....

 Me and my sister Anu spend a lot of time with our Maternal grandparents . I used to accompany my Grandma where  ever she goes , we call her as Mamema ( Named by me ). I goes with her to markets and for grocery shopping. Everytime we go for grocery shopping she used to buy me candies.....







 This was a old photo which we took during our temple trip on my grandpa's retirement. In this picture my grandparents , me , my sister , my aunt and cousin.

 My grandpa who worked in Muncipality would take us to Pulse polio camps , it will be fun and excitment to see kids like us......He used pick up us from our school bus stop to home.

Most of the recipes shared in my blog especially Kongunadu recipes are from my Grandma.....

We used to spend our weekends and school holidays in our maternal grandparents house. My grandpa used to make swing with a thick rope on the large neem tree . We and our cousins used to make turns to play in the swing . They used to have cow and buffalo , so they will be celebrating Mattu Pongal on the cattle shed. It will be a most pleasant memory for us all....


 My paternal grandpa used to have a bullock cart . I remember there were two bulls in their home. They used to have goats , cows..... I like my paternal grandma's groundnut masala and coconut chutney . She used to make potato bonda and egg bonda ( fritters ).

  My paternal grandpa had fractured his thigh bone ( Femur ) and he was bedridden because of fear of falling , he skipped walking. Later, he was paralysed due to haemarrage in brain. I didn't know details about the conditions then. Later when I studied my Bachelors of Physiotherapy, i realised what each condition was.....He died on December 1999.

My paternal grandma was under medication for long period for Diabetes later she had kidney failure and died on July 2011.

My maternal grandpa was diagnosed with block in the heart and underwent bypass surgery , he lived for nine years after surgery and died on July 2012.....

we lost both our paternal grandparents and our grandfather from maternal side.... but we cherish the lovely moments we spend with them......

#Lovejatao
I look forward to hear from you how would you celebrate Grandparents Day. Do share a selfie with your grandparents on Sept. 10, 2017 on Twitter or Facebook with #LoveJatao & tag @blogadda to win a goodie from Parachute Advansed.

Parachute Advansed Love Jatao Grandparents Day






No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.