Tuesday, March 8, 2016

CHOCOLATE MONKEY BREAD #BREADBAKERS

 

   For this month’s Bread Bakers , the theme given by Shireen was Cocoa / coca. When I was searching for the bread with cocoa , I came across this chocolate monkey bread  in King Arthur Flour. I immediately decided to make this for my sister and Co – Blogger  Anu’s birthday celebration.



 Chocolate is everyone’s favorite. Bread made with the use of chocolate will be liked by everyone.

I have used semi-sweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder in the bread . Cocoa powder alone can be used by increasing the sugar.

 Requirements :

Dough :
3 cup all purpose flour
2 ½ tsp Instant yeast
1 ½ cup luke warm water
1 ¼ tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
2 tbs vanilla extract ( optional )
6 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
¼ cup dry milk powder
½ cup mashed potato
Coating :
5 tbs Melted butter
Chocolate Filling :
½ cup chocolate chips / semisweet chocolate
½ cup sugar
¼ cup Cadburys cocoa powder
2 tbs all purpose flour
Method :

In a mixing bowl , add  and mix together the flour , dry milk powder salt ,  sugar , mashed potato  and yeast .
To this add in the butter and the luke warm water and mix well with a wooden spatula.
Knead with the hand for about 10 minutes .
Over the bowl with cling wrap and let it for double , it takes about two hours.

Chocolate filling :

  Combine all the ingredients under the list and blend together .

 I added this blended chocolate mix with 5 tbs butter and heated on double boiler .

Shaping of bread :
As the dough has risen , punch the dough and divide into equal sized small dough balls.
Take a tube pan / Bundt pan , pour the chocolate filling little at the bottom . chocolate chips can be sprinkled.

Dip each dough ball in the remaining chocolate  filling and arrange in the pan.
I arranged two layers , not more than that.

Pour the remaining chocolate filling in the pan . let it for second rise if needed .

 I baked immediately as I can’t wait .
Bake in the preheated oven @ 180* C for about 30 to 35 minutes.

Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes and demould.

Chocolate monkey bread is ready to serve.

Note :

I didn’t use vanilla essence for the dough , as we like the chocolate flavor.

Adjust the level of sugar according to the taste according to the bitterness of chocolate chips used .


I added the melted butter to the chocolate mix and used . You can roll each dough ball in the melted butter and toss in the chocolate mix.


Breads with Cocoa, Cacao or Carob in any form

  • Chocolate & Cherry Swirl Breads from The Bread She Bakes
  • Chocolate Orange Swirl Buns from Mayuri's Jikoni
  • Chocolate Banana Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
  • Chocolate Buttermilk Quick Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
  • Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
  • Chocolate Filled Bundt Bread from Food Lust People Love
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
  • Chocolate Monkey Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
  • Chocolate Yeast Bread from Cook's Hideout
  • Dark Chocolate Cherry Pocket Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
  • Dark Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns from Baking in Pyjamas
  • Double Chocolate Espresso Scones from Wholistic Woman
  • Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
  • Egg Free 45 Minutes Chocolate Buns from Gayathri's Cook Spot
  • Eggless Chocolate Babka from I Camp in my Kitchen
  • Eggless Chocolate Swirl Buns from Seduce Your Tastebuds
  • Eggless Triple Chocolate Scones from Spill the Spices
  • Four-Chocolate Sour Cream Quickbread from What Smells So Good?
  • Leopard Print Bread from Spiceroots
  • Sourdough Cacao Sweet Bread from The Schizo Chef
  • Sweet Russian Chocolate Braid from Hostess At Heart


  • BreadBakers
    Breads with Cocoa, Cacao or Carob in any form



    #BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

    We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

    If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

    16 comments:

    1. I'd love to pull off one of those chunks and eat it right now.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I made monkey bread for the first time last month. It is soooo good, I can just imagine how wonderful it would be made with chocolate.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I would sure be diving in for a piece of that bread! I'm sure it didn't last long.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow! This monkey bread looks absolutely delicious with the chocolate! Thanks for participating in this event!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love monkey breads and yours sure looks superb!

      ReplyDelete
    6. monkey bread with the addition of potato in the dough looks fab!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow. This looks like the best monkey bread ever!

      ReplyDelete
    8. This looks incredible!! I've never made monkey bread. I need to remedy that.

      ReplyDelete
    9. What an amazing monkey bread. Looks so irrestitible.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I nearly baked a monkey bread as I've not baked one as yet. The bread looks delicious. I love the idea of adding mashed potato to the dough.

      ReplyDelete
    11. The colors and bake on this bread is irresistible. Wish I could reach out and pull out a piece for me!!

      ReplyDelete
    12. monkey bread always holds a special place in my heart - several years ago I was doing a volunteer trip in Minnesota and the host family made this for breakfast one day - I had never had it and fell in love and she wrote out the recipe for me - I still have her hand written card these 15 years later and always remember her fondly whenever I have monkey bread. so thanks for reminding me of her yet again and your version looks great

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was great to hear Mireille , that my bread made you remember a pleasant memory of yours.........

        Delete
    13. This article presents clear idea designed for the new users of blogging,
      that in fact how to do blogging.

      ReplyDelete

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.