This was my mom’s recipe , for everyone their first inspiration to cooking is their mom and I too follow her steps in cooking . she usually cooks brinjal with any beans. Mom’s always feed their kids with nutritious foods. This is simple and easy to make kulambu for rice.
- Brinjal – ½ kg
- Fieldbean – 1 cup
- onions – 1
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Sambar powder – 2 tbs
- Salt as required
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
To grind :
- Grated coconut – 4 tbs
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Cloves – 2
- Aniseeds – ¼ tsp
- Roasted channa dhal – 1 tbs
- Tamarind – marble size
- Cook the field beans separately.
- Soak the tamarind in a cup of water and extract the tamarind juice.
- Chop the onion and brinjals.
- Heat oil in a kadai , add the mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and curry leaves , sauté well.
- Add the chopped brinjals and sauté for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder and sambar powder , sauté till the raw smell leaves.
- Add the tamarind extract and required salt and cook.
- When the brinjal is cooked , add the cooked beans and mix well.
- Now add the ground coconut paste, mix well and cook the kulambu for ten minutes in low fire.
- Kathari moochaikotai kulambu is ready to serve.
- Serve with hot steaming rice along with a spoon of ghee.