Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beetroot roti



 As the name itself reveals this roti is made with beetroot. I want to make the roti healthier so I added beets with the whole wheat flour to make roti.

Requirements :

Wheat flour – 2 cup
Beetroot puree – ½ cup
Chilly powder – ½ tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as required
Oil / ghee

Method :
Peel the skin of beets and grind into puree.
In a bowl , mix all the ingredients together and knead well.
Allow to rest for half an hour.
Make into small balls and press into small circles.
Cook the roti on both sides with ghee or oil.

Serve with spicy gravy.

3 comments:

  1. A healthy Recipe Sara! i too prepare this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Healthy and yummy roti..I also make it often,,thanks for linking it to my event, wish many more to come my way

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE COMMENT.