Kongunadu mutton kulambu is unique to the style of cooking to kongu region. It is simple to make.
Tender mutton - ½ kg
Mutton masala - 50 g
For seasoning :
Oil - 2 tbs
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Sauté and grind :
Pearl onions - 10 nos
Garlic - 5 cloves
Ginger - 2” piece
Tomato - 2
Sauté the above in one tbs oil and grind finely along with mutton masala.
Coconut paste – grind 2 tbs of coconut , ½ tsp aniseed and ½ tsp khuskhus
· In a pressure cooker heat oil add mustard seeds, curry leaves then mutton and sauté for few minutes.
· Add the grounded paste and two cups of water and required salt.
· Close the lid and cook till two whistles.
· Then add the coconut paste and allow to boil for few minutes.
· Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with idly , dosa or rice.
The same method can be tried with chicken , it too tastes good.