This is a semi-dry preparation which is a mixture of all sorts of vegetables.
1. • Yam sliced thinly into 11/2" length pieces - 1cup
• Cucumber sliced lengthy into 11/2" thick pieces - 1cup
• Snake gourd sliced into 11/2" length pieces - 1cup
• Carrot sliced into into 11/2" length pieces - 1/4cup
• Long runner-beans sliced into 11/2" length pieces - 1/2cup
• Drumstick cut into 2" length pieces - 2nos
2. • Raw bananas sliced into 11/2" length pieces - 1no
• Mango pieces - for sour
3. • Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
• Salt - to taste
4. • Grated coconut - 1/2quantity
• Green chillies - 5nos
• Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp
5. • Curry leaves - 2sprigs
• Coconut oil - 3tbs
Method of Preparation :
Coarsely grind the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
Clean the vegetables. Heat 2tbs coconut oil in a thick bottom vessel. Add the vegetables and cook in a low flame. Do not add water. When it is done, add turmeric powder, salt and mix it well. Remove the vegetables from the middle and put sliced bananas and mango pieces and cover it with the other vegetables. When steam comes out, add the coconut paste and stir well. Remove from fire. Mix the remaining coconut oil and curry leaves in the avial.